Thursday, April 5, 2012

Majestic Offer

by Jane

Back in December YMP hosted Dr Reda Bedeir on the topic of Jannah. This is what one attendee came away with.

“It’s heaven,” they say
When you love someone
And they love you back
And in their show of love
They never slack

They say things like
You’re my baby, my life
I’m yours forever
If you leave, I will die

Yes all this sweet talk
Is flattering I admit
Beggars promising kingdoms
Are typically passionate

But a majestic promise
Needs a majestic maker
And the promise of heaven
Is a majestic offer

Heaven, subhanAllah
Home and wholeness
Mysterious and Unseen
Like love
Fortress of freedom
Unshackled from struggle
Secure and Free
From loss

Contentment eternal
Forever bathed in love
Heaven could be a hut
It’d be more than enough

But Allah in His Majesty
Promises much more
Luxurious abodes
Majestic décor

Walls of gold
Floors of pearls
Magnificence, par excellence
Of all the worlds

Motivation and mockery
Irresistible, so odd
This offered to me?
A servant, so flawed

There are places in heaven
He built with His Hands
SubhanAllah
This world is just sand

So don’t promise forever
Don’t belie the fact
That we’re all beggars of time
Time we owe back

Back to Allah
Yet Al-Wadud He
Considers it a loan
Lend Him what’s His
His Jannah you’ll own

This is love personified
Incapable by you or I
Undeserved yet unmatched
From this world we must detach

Mind and heart cannot resist
Despite its blackness and disease
Ya Allah, forgive me please
I am Yours, I believe

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this!!! Thanks Shazee for posting this poem. Will blog this is too, iA :-). Miss yoU!!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes